AudioShell for Windows XP 32 bit
Note that this version is for Windows XP 32 bit only and it is not supported and updated any more, but you can still use it if it works for you!
AudioShell is a freeware MS Windows Explorer shell extension plug-in which allows you to view and edit ID3 metadata tags directly in Windows Explorer. It supports all files and tags standards supported by Tag&Rename - mp3 tag editor. AudioShell adds ID3 tag editor and viewer tabs to the music files properties menu (you can edit ID3 tags file by file or in groups); detailed music files hints with tag and file information; and additional columns in the Explorer files list. Full Unicode support.
Great tool for mp3 players owners! You quickly and easily fix file tags in Explorer before uploading to your iPod/Creative or any other mp3 player.
System requirements: AudioShell is designed for Windows 2000/XP 32 bit systems.
Supported files and tags formats:
- mp3 (all ID3 tag versions)
- wma, asf and wmv (including DRM protected files)
- Apple iTunes and iPod aac (m4a, m4b, m4v and m4p) and mp4 files
- ogg, flac (vorbis comment tags)
- mpc, mp+ (APE/APEv2 tags)
- monkey's audio (APE/APEv2 tags)
- wav pack (APE/APEv2 tags)
- optim frog (APE/APEv2 tags)
- wav (ID3v2 tag in 'tag ' RIFF chunk)
AudioShell includes the following language translations:
- Chinese Simplified
Major new features in version 1.3.5 from 1.2:
- added support for cover art in flac files (PICTURE METADATA BLOCK)
- added support for cover art in ogg and speex files (base64 encoded)
- added wav files support (MUSICMATCH Jukebox style - ID3v2 tag added to 'id3 ' wav chunk)
- redesigned music files properties tabs
- added .m4v files extension support
- improved ID3v2.4 tags support (can correctly read any kind of 2.4 tags now)
- added support for UTF8 encoded ID3v2.4 tags
- a lot of fixes